Vehicle camping is any vehicle used for camping during the event, such as RVs, pop-tops, trailers or campers choosing to sleep in their car.
Please note: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING VEHICLE CAMPING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
What to expect
ToorCamp has a few designated areas within Doe Bay where we can allow vehicle camping. These spaces are very limited, so we require all camping vehicles to have a Vehicle Parking Permit.
Vehicle camping spots are generally located in or near the existing parking lots on the property, and will be grouped with other similar sized camping vehicles. There are more opportunities for camping vehicles that are under 20 feet in length, and due to our space limitations vehicles over 25 feet are not allowed.
Once you have parked in your designated space, you will not be able to move your vehicle until the end of the event. There are no in & out privileges for vehicles used for camping. If you need to leave early (before Sunday), please let Space Team know so that they can help direct you out safely.
Power & Hookups
Doe Bay's electrical situation has limitations, so we encourage you to plan ahead, as we cannot guarantee that we can bring power to your parking spot/campsite. There will be public outlets and opportunities to charge your devices.
Doe Bay does not have any RV hook-ups on the property.
Doe Bay discourages the use of generators, but, if necessary (to be determined on a case by case basis), they can be run minimally and respectfully.
Extra kudos if you are set up for boondocking!
Towing vehicles will be parked in the off-site parking field once you have placed your tailer. If you would like your towing vehicle parked next to your trailer, you will need to request a vehicle parking permit, in addition to your RV permit.
Reminder: any vehicle over 25 feet in length is not allowed on site.
On-Site Vehicle Permits are required for any vehicle to be on property at Doe Bay during the toorCAMP event.
Please note: any vehicle over 25 feet in length is not allowed on-site.
On-Site Vehicle Permit Types
- RV & Vehicle Camping Permit
- RV & Vehicle Camping Permits are for vehicles that will be used for camping during the event, such as RVs, pop-tops, trailers or cars that campers wish to sleep in. For the safety of you and your neighbors, once these vehicles have been placed, they are not allowed to move and must stay parked for the duration of the event. If you would like your towing vehicle parked next to your trailer, you will need to request a vehicle pass, in addition to your RV permit.
- On-Site Parking Permit
- On-Site Parking Permits allow vehicles to be parked in a designated spot on the Doe Bay property and to have in-and-out access by request/as needed. Choose this option if you are part of a group or village that has a compelling reason to have a vehicle nearby or if you require ADA parking.
Things to remember
- Permits will only be granted before the event.
- Requesting a permit does not guarantee we have space for your vehicle.
- Campers that arrive in a vehicle without a permit will not be allowed to bring their vehicle into the campground, except for load-in at the beginning of the event and pick-up at the end. Otherwise, they will be stored in the off-site parking field that's a ½ mile away.
- Any vehicle over 25 feet in length is not allowed on-site.
On-site vehicle permits are required for any vehicle/trailer to be on property at Doe Bay during the toorCAMP event.
The request form for vehicle permits is now closed
If more vehicles apply for Vehicle parking than we have space available, a lottery will be held to assign parking. We encourage carpooling to minimize the numbers of vehicles that arrive at toorCAMP. (Bonus: this will also help with the ferry!)
If you applied for a vehicle permit for toorCAMP 2022, we are currently working on sending out confirmations.
Questions can be directed to SpaceTeam at toorcon.org